We are inspired by the modalities we offer as means to reinvigorate the self-healing capacity in every individual. We as practitioners are not “the healer” but rather provide our experience, knowledge, and guidance as a catalyst, support, channel, and collaborator in your process.
Supporting you with “creating home” in body, mind, spirit, home, work, relationships, Mother Earth, and community
As Practitioners We …
- Balance and bridge the scientific with the intuitive, and the traditional with the present day
- Celebrate you for who you are while supporting confidence building so that you can also challenge yourself to affect positive transformation
- Are strongly process oriented rather than only goal-outcome oriented
- Balance having a respect for different individual paces within a process while also understanding that dedication to a process and pushing our own boundaries when needed is important for being fully engaged in a healing journey. We understand that this will look different for different people
- Cultivate an equitable environment with strong awareness and embodied understanding of complex societal barriers connected to race/ethnicity, gender, class/economics, ability, sexual orientation
- We are trauma informed and recognize that we are all on a journey of understanding, un-learning, re-
learning, and connecting more deeply to our truest nature and self-healing abilities
- Use an integrative model where we help to activate, bring to surface, and/or re-surface your needs,
visions, and goals
- Advise you on how you can customize your care, lifestyle, and practices to address specific concerns
you are hoping to transform
- Work with those just entering their journey, those who have been engaged in their journey and
looking to go even deeper, and those who are at various stages in between
What to expect
Step 1: Book online! (*Please note Pre-Payment is Required)
Step 2: First time visitors are offered a complimentary 15 min phone consultation to assess needs before the session
Step 3: • We’ll e-mail you initial health history and intention forms that you can e-mail back or bring with you to the first session.
• This is done so that we can deepen our understanding of your needs and prepare your customized session.
• If you do not have regular access to the internet, the forms may be completed upon your first visit. If this applies to you please arrive 15 minutes early
Step 4: The Appointment!
• Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment time to settle in
• If you’re coming in for bodywork or energy-work please do your best to wear/bring comfortable loose clothing. Most of these modalities are be done above the clothing, except most Ayurvedic treatments involving oil on the body
Step 5: After the session/sessions
• You will have a verbal or written holistic wellness plan that you can implement, support and nourish yourself at your own pace.
• Assess possible need for follow up sessions or support with plan
• Customized packages to make follow ups more financially accessible
Many of our services are available and adaptable for Children + Youth
For children under 18 years old, individual sessions are with parent/guardian
accompaniment. Individual and small group sessions (3-6 children) available for some
offerings please inquire for rates.
Disclaimer: Soma practitioners are not medical doctors, psychotherapists, or financial counsellors, and will not provide biomedical (allopathic) diagnoses of illness, disease, or any physical or mental disorders, nor do they prescribe medical treatment or pharmaceuticals. Soma’s services do not substitute for medical examination or diagnosis, and it is recommended to consult a primary healthcare provider for those services.
Embodying our values through practice, process, and the heart.
Please note that some of our modalities fall under more than one category, so please make sure to look through (scroll) when choosing specific service categories.
Earth Based Energy Work
Spirit guide/Animal Ally Union
Chakra Clearing + Balancing
Ritual Power Object Design: We work together to design a power object for you to carry and/or wear in order to assist you on your journey. It can be completed in one to two sessions.Crystal, Stone, Tree Therapeutics: We use an integration of energy work, mindfulness-insight, and a compilation of powerful earth elements in order to create deep connection, message retrieval, and attunement to Mother Earth.
Please note, this service can only be performed in-person.
Spiritual-Transpersonal Healing Connected to Relational + Structural Racism
Over 6 years of intensive personal and inter-personal research and long-term practice along with Earth-based shamanic healing, rooted in ancient wisdom and practices (drawing from essential universal wisdom), the AIR Health and WellnessTM Framework was developed. This integrative approach was designed to directly address the gross and subtle psycho-spiritual impacts of the trauma of relational and structural racism, and to create a process for deep internal and community healing related to these highly complex structures. It directly addresses and brings to surface the deep shadow/implicit/subconscious impacts of these structures within the individual’s body and mind along with looking closely at the implications on relationships, daily lives, and community.
We will balance this un-layering process with active engagement in supporting the healing of negative impacts, drawing connections between these structures and overall health/wellness/wholeness, and by working to develop more expansive understanding, wisdom, and active compassion (for self and community) connected to these internal and external structures. Our overall process balances compassion practice with actively engaging with challenges of discomfort that this kind of content presents. It will require courageous openness, humility, and true readiness to journey. It was founded in loving-kindness and a knowing that truly equitable, balanced, loving, more deeply connected, and thriving communities can exist. It was designed for individuals from ALL racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Our stories can transform and we can begin to develop trust, embodiment, and integration of the wisdom and self-healing capabilities that we were all gifted with.
We incorporate the use of helping tools, proven practices, and innovative processes.
Upon booking, we will go deeper into an overview of the process that we will journey through together.
Deep gratitude for the opportunity to journey together.
Balance Line + Body-Mind Integration
Using what I call a “balance-line” (also known as a slackline), we combine the element of play and this interactive tool as a way to work with fear, embodiment, mindfulness-meditation, and for deep mind-body connection work. We also use the balance-line as a way to connect the work “on the line” with our journey in daily life. Message retrieval, life envisioning, ancestor work, community/relationship development, and working with internal and external trust.
Also called "Sound Healing" traditional wisdom, ancient practices, and more recently modern science, tell us that the essential nature of our material world is vibration. In these sessions we will engage in a fundamental exploration of the vibrational aspects of rejuvenation and attunement of the physical, energetic, and subtle bodies using sound as our main tool to open a pathway for activating self-healing possibilities, clearing, and releasing wounds and stuck energy. Practitioners use traditional instruments, vocal toning that includes Mantras (seed sounds) and other earth-based vocalization, what we call “Earth instruments”, and harmonics for this immersive experience. The attunement will be focused on the major Nadis (energy channels) and 7 main Chakras (energy centers).
Reiki/Attmic Energy Healing/Intuitive Energy Work
These sessions support re-balancing of the emotional, physical, spiritual, and energetic bodies.
Many of our non-allopathic and ancient medicine practices understand that our whole being comprises of physical, mental, emotional, spirit, and energetic or auric selves and find the root of dis-ease to be stagnated or depleted vital energy (prana or ki) in any aspects of the being affecting our whole selves. This energy work is rooted in Yogic/Reiki/Beej Mantra Sound Healing, balancing vital energy by clearing negative imprints or stangnacies in the most subtlest auric fields and energy centres/chakras, while opening, balancing, and replenishes the whole being (body-mind-spirit) from an energetic/pranic/chakra level to the physical, re-activating your beings natural ability to heal itself.
Each session entails a customized energy healing sequence and can also incorporate vocal sound and/or mantra. This is coupled with intention setting and if desired spiritual counsel, as well as home practices to deepen the lasting-effects of the treatment.
Ayurvedic Medicine is a 5000 year old science that translates to Life (Ayu) Wisom (Veda). It is based on the principles that we are microcosms of the macrocosm on a universal level as well as on an elemental level of Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Ether. We each have a main unique bio-constitution or dosha each composed of two of the elements, which is the guiding light in harnessing your innate strengths to catalyze your self-healing ability in tune with the seasons and nature.
Your Ayurvedic Wellness Counsellor can assist you with acute and chronic health conditions, and, just as importantly, preventative protocols that can reverse early stages of dis-ease before they manifest into full acute or chronic conditions.In each session the practitioner:
- Provides an assessment through Ayurvedic pulse reading, asking specific questions and deeply listening, observation through tongue, nail and eye reading, and if further assessment is needed, navel pulse and vital organs assessed by the abdomen.
- You will be advised on how to support your unique dosha (bio-constitution) balance with wellness plan including doshic specific food and diet, lifestyle, yogic practice and pranayama/breathwork (if of interest).
- If necessary Ayurvedic herbal remedies or bodywork may be suggested.
- For chronic conditions Panch-Karma based therapies (5-fold purification/detoxification program) may be suggested, only when necessary and when seasonally appropriate.
Private Ayu-Yoga sessions
For beginner or seasoned yogic practitioner or yogic practice to support your wellness journey working with injury, chronic illness, mental health, addiction and more. Focus on opening up your natural ability to offer healing to one’s own being combining yoga asana (posture/movement), pranayama (specialized breathing techniques), meditation, and, sound meditation for your particular needs and Ayurvedic dosha, woven with an introduction to jnana yoga (yogic philosophy and medicine) throughout each session.
*Please note these sessions do not include a full Ayurvedic assessment.
*Small groups may be arranged at additional cost and will have a Tri-doshic approach rather than catering to one person’s needs. Please contact us for more info
Abhayanga (Ayurvedic Oil Massage)
Poured oil application and long stroke massage following the energy channels of the body. May include gentle marma therapy (subtle energy acupressure points) and herb-infused oil and essential oils (Please inform your practitioner prior to appointment if you are scent-sensitive, as we’re happy to accommodate your access needs)Benefits:
- Calms and rejuvenates the mind and nervous system
- Benefits and regulates sound sleeping patterns
- Strengthens metabolic functions
- Nourishes joints
- Gives tone and vigor to the seven dhatus/tissues in the body (from the lymphatic system to muscles to the bone marrow)
- Increases immunity
- Loosens toxins on cellular level throughout the body and the GI tract, for evacuation
- Mitigates Vata and Pitta dosha conditions
Shirodhara (Ayurvedic “stream of bliss” applied to forehead)
A steady stream of slightly warm herb-infused oil, ghee or milk is gently poured on the centre of the forehead (often called the “3rd eye” or ajna chakra) which is directly linked to the pituitary and pineal glands, balancing and nourishing the nervous system and mind. Shirodhara treatments are coupled with a complimentary ayurvedic foot and hand massage and gentle marma point therapy (subtle energy acupressure points)
- Calms the mind, balances the whole nervous system, and relieves stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia (because of natural release of serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin)
- Increases mental focus and concentration
- Hormonal balance
- Mitigate and balance digestive conditions
- Can uproot and mitigate old traumas
- Increases awareness of five senses
- Calms Vata Dosha and Vata Conditions
Shirodhara is weather dependent and is offered in calm weather in non-snow/non-winter months. Get a 'heads up' and sign-up for news of when this modality is available
Kati Basti Or Hryidya Basti
Back pain relief and gentle spinal alignment with herbal oil poured into a reservoir of gram/chickpea flour or wheat flour around the affected vertebrae (most commonly the lumbar vertebrae or between the shoulder blades behind the heart centre). This reservoir of oil can also applied to the front of the heart centre as a Hridya Basti. Both these treatments a coupled with a complimentary gentle oil application massage on the whole back region, and if needed gentle marma point therapy (subtle energy acupressure points)Benefits:
- Reduces chronic back pain, painful muscle spasms, stiffness, tension, soreness and degenerative problems and restores movement and flexibility to the applied region
- Supports alignment of vertebrae
- Nourishes and strengthens muscles and nerves in applied region
- Improves circulation
- Helpful in managing conditions and pain related to lumbar spondylosis, inter-vertebral disc prolepses, lumbago (low back ache), and sciatica
Shiro-Abhayanga (head massage) + Face Massage + Nasya (herb infused nasal oil treatment)
The head is the most important part of the body because it is the seat of the nervous system where wind/air element can accumulate. Warm medicated oil is applied to the scalp in addition to marma point therapy (subtle energy acupressure points) around the head and the face. This combined with light facial steaming and Nasya, herb-infused nasal oil that is delicately dropped into the nostril and directed towards the upper and lower respiratories, helps calm and clear the mind and respiratory system while building immunity.Benefits:
- Upper lymphatic and external sinus massage & steam & herbal nose drop calms and settles and clears the mind, as well as sinuses and upper and lower respiratory system
- Builds Immune system
- Calms and clears the mind and increases focus, reducing fear, anxiety, depression, fogginess of mind, tiredness of mind, and stress
- Relieves stiffness in head, neck, ears, throat, nose, jaw
- Mitigates neuro-muscular conditions
- Calm and reduces TMJ
- Prevents facial paralysis, goiters, tonsillitis, convulsions and motor disorders
- Calms the nervous system helping to promote sound sleep
- Improves blood circulation and oxygen supply to the brain
- Revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
Nadi-Marma (South Asian Subtle Energy Acupressure/Energy Work)
Nadi-Marma therapy can be likened to Ayurvedic Acupressure or Reflexology. Marma means secret hidden vital energy. Marma points are special points on the body where muscles, veins, ligaments, bones and joints meet and are receptors or doorways to the energy channels (nadis), the whole body, vital organs, and the energetic body. With lightly touch and gentle pulsation, these marma points stimulate respective organs calming the nervous system and easing the mind.Benefits:
- Removes energy blocks, and increases vital energy/prana and its optimal flow through the body and to vital organs and nervous system
- Detoxifies and eliminated toxins and wastes
- Tonifies all tissues and and nourishes the body
- Reduces insomnia and increases sound and restful sleep
- Reduces Vata and Vata disorders, and assists in overall doshic balance
- Pain relief and improvement of physical stability.
- Assists in releasing stored traumas or stagnant emotions
- Mitigates impacts of stress and calms the mind and emotions)
- Re-energises the whole being, assisting in rejuvenation process and reduces fatigue
- Can be utilized for specified health issues as prescribed by ayurvedic practitioner
Description: Full body custom-designed dry herb massage, often with silk or wool glove. First a light herbal oil is applied followed by brisk deep strokes. This stimulates the lymphatic system, skin, and the tissue underneath break apart stagnation and excess subcutaneous tissue (fats). This treatment is not only exfoliates the skin, but releases toxins and built up waste in the bodyBenefits:
- Improves lymphatic flow and drainage
- strengthens the immune system
- Improves circulation
- Improves digestion, metabolism, and vitality
- Reduces water retention
- Expels toxins (environmental and internally developed)
- Tones and firms skins
- Balances hormones
- Reduces cellulite
- Balances increased Kapha dosha
Poutli Massage/Poultice Massage
Description: Fresh or dry herbs are made into packs or pouches of muslin cloth custom-made for each client based on assessment with the practitioner. The packs are gently warmed and soothingly applied with a sustained pressure and rocking motion to area of body needing the therapy. For centuries this therapy has been celebrated for relieving pain and inflammation and even for mitigating pain from chronic conditions such as osteoarthritis and spondylitis.Benefits:
- Pain relief
- reduces inflammation
- promotes circulation
- relieves joint pain and stiffness
- calms muscle spasms
- improves mobility and flexibility
- boost the immune system and tone the skin
Description: Herbal paste/masque applied to the face (mukha), the head (shiro) and/or whole body (sharira).Benefits:
- calms the whole nervous system
- loosens and liquefies toxins and wastes
- relieves skin ailments
- Relieves skin irritations and inflammations
- Beneficial in treating acne, eczema, psoriasis, and pigmentation spots.
Panchkarma based therapy (5-fold deep purification)
Panchkarma based therapy is detoxifying protocol based on the 5-fold deep purification that Ayurveda is often so famous for in the modern world. It is powerful and beautiful protocol in shifting the course of dis- ease of acute or chronic conditions back towards healing and wellness. and Panchkarma loosens built-up toxins and wastes from the whole body, and draws them into the GI Tract for full elimination. This detoxification of the body and mind are combined with re-nourishment, rebuilding and rejuvenation with further treatments, diet, herbs, and meditative process.
Each Panchkarma based therapy package is fully customized according to the wellness needs of the individual including diet, herbs, treatment combination, and pre and post self-care protocols. Depending on the wellness needs of each individual a course of Panchkarma therapy can include abhayanga, shirodhara, nasya, swedana/steam therapy, lepam/herbal paste, garshana/dry herb massage, potli/poultice massage, nadi-marma therapy, cleansing of the GI tract through diet and herbs, and self-administered enima. Panchkarma based therapy requires a minimum of 3 consecutive days coupled with strict home-care/self-care guidelines before, during, and after to both prepare and strengthen the body before cleansing and ensure longer lasting benefits.Benefits:
- Eliminate Ama/Toxins from the body and mind
- Builds Immunity
- Mitigate chronic or acute health conditions
- Balances hormones
- Replenishes and rebuilds tissues and functions of the body and mind
- Rejuvenate metabolic functions and systems and increase ability to absorb and assimilate nutrients
- Rejuvenate and calm the mind
- Rejuvenate and rebuild nervous system
As a course of Panchkarma based therapy can include a range of treatments, herbs, wellness/home care plan requiring varying leng Approximate Fees Ranges:3-day: $500 - $675
5-day: $700 - $950
7-day: $975 - $1200
While these treatments mentioned are individually available, a course of panchkarma based therapy is only available upon recommendation and consultation of your Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Pricing + Rates
3 Sessions Receive 5% discount
5 Sessions Receive 7% discount
7 Sessions Receive 10% Discount
10 Sessions Receive 13% discount
At this time package discounts cannot be applied to sliding scale sessions
SELECT YOUR PACKAGE
SOMA wellness therapies and appointments are currently being offered at two main locations.
We may offer our sessions in a location/city near you! (Please inquire for details)
Access note: At this time, the two centres where we offer sessions have physical barriers and as it is a priority for us to work in accessible spaces, we are working hard to find barrier free options in the near future. Both locations have approximately 10 stairs to the treatment rooms
Please contact directly for possible home visits